Selling a house is a time-consuming process. There is much to do before you can sell a house in Loveland CO, especially if you want to impress buyers and get top dollar. It’s best to get going on projects as soon as you know that you would like to sell. If you already have a real estate agent, invite them over early in the process to get tips for upgrades and home improvements. Real estate professionals know what’s important to buyers and can point you in the right direction for needed projects.
Choose a Top Local Listing Agent
Working with a top real estate agent can save you a ton of time and stress while selling your home. When searching for real estate agents Loveland CO, take the time to find someone with experience and availability. Meet with a few and ask questions about their methods and modes of communication to make sure their philosophy jives with what you are looking for. Top real estate agents Loveland CO can:
- Help you focus on the most important home repairs and renovations
- Provide recommendations for contractors and staging professionals
- Get more money for selling your home
- Bring in more potential buyers
- Utilize knowledge of the market for pricing and advertising your home
- Help you with all paperwork and negotiations
- Be available for open houses
Loveland CO Seller Disclosure Statement
There is both a federal law and state law in Colorado that applies to what a homeowner must disclose to buyers about the condition of the home. The federal law states that all owners of properties built prior to 1978 need to disclose the presence of lead-based paint on the property. Colorado state statutes list further disclosures that sellers must discuss. These include:
- That the property might be located in a special taxing district
- If the property is in a common interest community, the seller must give applicable information about the community
- Even if fully remediated, the seller must disclose if the property has ever been used as a methamphetamine laboratory
- The source of potable drinking water for the home
- Any proposed transportation projects that may affect the property in the future
- Any information regarding oil and gas activity or surface mineral estate rights that pertain to the property
In addition to these items, there is a standard disclosure form, which is called the “Seller’s Property Disclosure.” On this form, the seller must provide the information listed above as well as filling out a checklist describing the condition of the home. This checklist will include items such as the roof, appliances, the structure, and major systems such as heating, plumbing, and electrical. Sellers must disclose facts that are known conditions of the property. A final form used in a real estate disclosure statement Loveland CO is the Green Disclosure form, in which the seller must disclose the presence of features on the property that pertain to energy.
When selling a house in Loveland CO, it’s important to spruce up the exterior of the home and the yard. Here are a few tips for wowing potential buyers as soon as they pull up to your home.
Cut the grass, trim bushes, and pull weeds to get the yard looking great. Also consider planting some flowers to add a pop of color to the yard. Nice landscaping will help make the home stand out when selling a house in Loveland CO.
Touch up Paint
If the paint is peeling or cracking on the exterior of the home, it’s time to touch up the paint. Also take a look at the condition of your siding and trim and make any repairs if necessary. Last, take a look at your entry door. Touch up the paint if needed, or consider painting it a new color that will add interest to the front of the home.
Bathrooms and Toilets
Deep cleaning and organization are key in the bathrooms. Clean or replace grout if needed and make sure that the tub/shower, sinks, and baseboards are all sparkling clean. Try to create a spa like experience in the bathroom and create organized spaces for all small items.
Most people work hard to prepare the common areas of the home, like the living room, kitchens, and bathrooms, but it’s also important to tidy bedrooms and offices. This is especially true of children’s rooms, which can easily become messy and overrun with toys. Make the small spaces count and look well organized.
It’s best practice to get rid of all signs of pets in your home. This is important when selling a house fast in Loveland CO. Not everyone likes pets. Find a friend or family member who can take care of your pet while your home is on the market and clean up all dishes, bowls, pet hair, and toys.
In some instances, the kitchen alone can sell a house. Take the time to make yours shine. Deep clean everything and add some creative finishing touches like the smell of baked bread or a fresh pot of coffee.
If you are hoping to sell a house fast in Loveland CO, it’s important to take the time to prepare the indoor areas. The process will include deep cleaning, getting rid of clutter, making needed repairs, and staging. Here are some areas to take a look at.
Best Time to Sell a House in Loveland
According to local market trends, the best month to sell a Loveland home is in December. This is when homes fetched the most money above asking price. The worst month to sell a home is February. Other months that saw above average sales prices were January and May through October. November, March, and April also saw below average sale prices.
Types of Homes
When searching for homes for sale Loveland CO, many options will come up. The median price for homes in Loveland is $390,500 with a median price per square foot of $177. Median days on the market is 52. Homes typically for sale in Loveland include:
- Single family homes
- Luxury homes
- 5 bedroom homes
- 4 bedroom homes
- 3 bedroom homes
- 2 bedroom homes
- 1 bedroom homes
- Land for sale
Pricing a home correctly is one of the most important factors when you hope to sell your house for more money in Loveland CO. If you overprice the property, the home will sit and lose its appeal to buyers after two to three weeks. Interest typically declines after spending about 21 days on the market. If you price your home too low, you may miss out on some money. The best strategy is to complete a comparative market analysis (CMA) to compare your house to other similar properties that are for sale or have recently sold. This will get you as close to the current value as possible and help you to sell your house for more money in Loveland CO.
People will always offer a lower price, it’s just part of the process, so be prepared. Here are a few tips for a successful home negotiation.
- Don’t write off the first offer, even if it’s really low. There are more aspects to an offer than just the price, like flexibility and if they can settle quickly.
- Keep all potential buyers updated with information until the deal is signed. Don’t count anyone out until everything is completed.
- Keep your pride out of negotiations.
- Take your time with negotiations and create room for discussion to occur.
- Don’t offer too much information. Rambling can cloud the negotiations, keep reasons and justifications out of it and just talk numbers.
- Lean on real estate agents Loveland CO for help with negotiations, they are seasoned professionals.
Selling a Home in Loveland CO is a time-consuming process. Keep it as stress-free as possible by leaning on professionals who can help you through the process. Follow our above tips and take everything one step at a time to complete the transaction and get the most money for your Loveland real estate.