Windsor Colorado is an inviting Northern Colorado town nestled between the counties of Larimer and Weld, the perfect place to look for the right homes for sale. It lies approximately 60 miles north of the State Capitol in Denver. Located at the foothills of the Rocky Mountains, Windsor’s 23,000 residents are surrounded by a healthy, flourishing natural environment.
Windsor has a small-town charm that is irresistible to homebuyers. Thriving cities like Loveland, Fort Collins, and Greeley border this quiet municipality. With this central location, the town benefits from its neighbors’ amenities and diverse recreational attractions.
Windsor was established in 1890, owing its beginnings to wheat farming. Later, it would also benefit from the lucrative sugar beet industry that spurred the growth of many Northern Colorado towns until the mid-20th century.
Today, Windsor is an award-winning community that is leading Northern Colorado municipalities in sustainable industries. Ethanol production and windmill blade manufacturing are among the related enterprises based here. A recycling facility also stands within town limits.
Homes For Sale in Windsor Colorado
Homes For Sale in Windsor Colorado vary in style and price point, offering a wide selection for interested homebuyers to peruse. Traditional, as well as modern takes on the classic Ranch, Craftsman, and American Farmhouse, are common in the area. They fit perfectly into Windsor’s small-town profile.
Colorado Homebuyers looking for a slice of the luxury lifestyle will be pleased to find opportunities to score beautiful resort-style lakefront homes. There are single-family residences to choose from, while new constructions of condominium and townhouse units with excellent lake views are on the rise.
Buying a Home in Windsor Colorado – Choosing Your Child’s School
Given its prime location in the middle of two counties, Windsor is part of three public school districts. The Thompson Valley School District and Poudre School District serve the Larimer County section of the town, while the Windsor-Severance School District covers the Weld County side.
- Thompson Valley School District: 21 elementary schools, six middle high schools, six high schools, and two charter schools
- Poudre School District: 32 elementary schools, 10 middle schools, four comprehensive high schools, and four alternative high schools
- Windsor-Severance School District: Five elementary schools, two middle schools, one high school, and one charter school
Windsor Colorado – Attractions and activities
Windsor Colorado boasts its fair share of must-see spots and featured town activities. Here are some local highlights that should be on the top of your list when you plan to unwind or show visitors around:
- 25 parks offering 200 acres of refreshing open space
- The Kaplan-Hoover Bison Bone Bed, the site of the largest Native American bison hunt from the late Archaic period (2,000 to 4,000 years ago).
- Arts and culture represented by the e Windsor Art & Heritage Center and the Windsor Community Playhouse
- The Windsor Harvest Festival, Windsor’s largest annual event featuring parades, garden shows, live performances, food, and an assortment of arts and crafts on sale
IDX listing information is provided exclusively for consumers' personal, non-commercial use and may not be used for any purpose other than to identify prospective properties consumers may be interested in purchasing.
ADA info: http://www.ihomefinder.com/accessibility/
DMCA notice: http://www.ihomefinder.com/dmca/